Sunday, April 11, 2010
week 13: future of the Internet
This video shows what the Internet will bring and look like in the future, but this is nothing compared to the amazing videos we watched this week in class. I say amazing not because they had amazing video effects, but rather, the ideas and technology behind them. I was most impressed by the tiny pen which allows a user to project an image of Windows onto a wall and even type on an imaginary keyboard! Then we have the weird umbrella video (haha) and the watch which doubles as a dirtproof phone. Amazing!
One of the future trends of the Internet is certainly the ability to web surf on any device, as mentioned in the examples above, and a simplistic form of this already exists as the Internet Messenger Wristwatch, a watch which is able to connect to the Internet to receive e-mails, numeric and word message pages, news updates, weather reports, stock quotes, sports scores, flight info, and more.
The Internet is only 40 years ago, but already it has spread so widely and accomplished so much, enabling people to do so many things that seemed so impossible back then. I think that in another 40 years to come, the world we live in will be a completely different place, and judging from the videos watched this week, I'm not so sure if I like it or not. Sure, technological advancements will allow for a whole lot of convenience, but I think it will also make people lazy and take things for granted, and I honestly feel that some of the inventions of the future are a little too weird for my liking. But I guess we'll find out soon enough. Here's another video which shows how the Internet has evolved, and it pretty much sums up what we've learnt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment